Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pet Peeves

I was going to write a blog on "pet peeves" today, but a funny thing happened on the way to publish my article...Wisdom spoke.

I never realized what I was doing before, but now that I know, I can change it to reflect a higher vibrational stance. Here's what Wisdom said:

"Why do you call those things you get upset about 'pets'? Isn't a pet a being that you love? Don't you have pets roaming about your home and you have deep affection fo
r them? So much affection that when one passes out of this reality, you grieve?

'And isn't it so that sometimes you refer to your lover as a 'pet'? Or some activity that you greatly enjoy you call your 'pet project'?

'Then why would you want to have affection for that which brings dis-harmony to your life? Why do you love the dis-harmony enough to refer to it as your 'pet peeve'? Is not that like saying, 'this thing that brings me great distress really bothers me and gets under my skin, but I really love it! Even though it ties my stomach in knots and turns my attention to more of that which I don't want; I still love it dearly. I can give up all kinds of other short-comings in my life, but this 'peeve', has to stay because I love it so much.

'Dear one, do you see how ridiculous that sounds? Do you still want to hold it close to your heart now?"

So I went to my trusty dictionary and here are some of the definitions of "pet".

  1. An animal kept for amusement or companionship.
  2. An object of the affections.
  3. A person especially loved or indulged; a favorite: the teacher's pet.
ADJECTIVE:
  1. Kept as a pet: a pet cat.
    1. Particularly cherished or indulged: a pet grandchild.
    2. Expressing or showing affection: a pet name.
  2. Being a favorite: a pet topic.

Now I realize, I don't want to have any "pet peeves". For me, all that comes of it is a waste of energy and resistance to well-being! Thank you Wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment