Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Shopping Trip

Shopping! That's what Sarah had her heart set on today. So after a nice breakfast, off we went to Walnut Creek. I love that little town; filled with unique boutiques and big chain stores like Nordstrom's and Macy's. It's an outdoor mall setting with lots of benches and flowers all over the place and wonderful fountains and eateries with outdoor seating. Perfect for a relaxed shopping trip!



To the left is Sarah with her boyfriend, Billy. Awww, young love!

After walking all over town, (and I do mean ALL over town), we went to lunch at a wonderful little Chinese place named, PF Chang's China Bistro. Anyone heard of it? To the right is Sarah after a delightful and satisfying meal.

It was truly a wonderful day spent with Sarah remembering days gone by and getting to know Billy. Thank you both for making my day super special.


Also, when I got home, I got a call from a friend in Portland. That in itself was a welcome surpirse, but even more so was the fact that by him simply calling and sharing his life, Wisdom was able to remind me of what my own focus should be. Happiness and joy! That is the most important thing I can achieve in this lifetime. Each and every moment is magnificent and special, so it's my desire to squeeze out every ounce of joy I can!

Oh my goodness.....I'm really looking forward to the next moment! And now the next...and the next! What joyous surprises await?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pat. Wonderful blog about your daughter's visit. I'm glad you had that time together. And thank you for the encouraging words about living in the moment. I am reminded everyday to do that and with as much as possible inspire of whatever challenges are facing me. We have lots to catch up on. I look forward to talking with you! Take care sweetie!

    Namaste!
    Steve

    ReplyDelete