Thursday, August 27, 2009

24 Hours


I know this is an old theme, but because I've been surrounded by death lately, this has really been on my mind.

What would you do if you found out you had 24 hours to live? That's it! 24 hours and then you would re-unite with Source Energy outside of this realm. Would you spend your last hours crying and bemoaning the fact that you were going to die? Or would you spend time with your family and friends? Travel?

This week as I've talked to friends that have recently lost friends, the one common thread in all the conversations is: "Ya never know when it's gonna happen. Makes me want to spend more time with my family and friends and tell them how much I love and appreciate them." Then suddenly, there is a swirl of emails and letters that leave our homes telling everyone how much we love them. Now we feel better; and go back to the way we lived our life.

But what would happen if we found out we only had 24 hours to live? This is what I think I would do. Suddenly, the family feud that has been going on for years would not seem as important. I would cherish each breath I took and take in as many sights in this life that I could possibly fit in. I would eat all the things I've been denying myself due to one diet or another, and of course I would let all my family and friends know how much I love and appreciate them.

So why not do all of that now? (Except for the eating part, I guess.) Why not do that each and every day? Why wait? As was mentioned above, "ya never know when it's gonna happen", so let's start the ball rolling. Appreciate and love our friends and family. Is that feud really worth all the excess energy I've been putting into it? What about those harsh words I had with my spouse? Is it really important that I am "right"? Why not start asking ourselves these questions each and every day, and take action; not just sit and think about it.

I'll start . . .

Thank you all for being such wonderful loving friends. I deeply appreciate each and every one of you! You touch my heart in many special ways and I cherish the times we have spent together, either in person; through email; or on Facebook or Twitter. Blessings to you, my dear ones. I love you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment