Friday, August 21, 2009

Little White Flowers


The little white flowers to the right are found in our yard. I don't know what kind they are, or they could even be weeds, for all I know, but they have a lesson for me, just the same.

These beautiful little flowers blossom each morning and "go to sleep" each night. I love looking out my window and seeing them. Mark has pulled them up a few times since we've been here, but they just keep coming back.

The thing that really impresses me about these little gems is that they are growing up in the artificial grass that covers the yard! That is the reason Mark has yanked them out before. He goes around pulling up all the weeds that grow through the grass. But these flowers will not be deterred from their life's purpose. They reach up through the tangle of fabric so they can worship and adore the sunshine! There they gather all their strength and burst into full glory and majesty, fulfilling their life's purpose. They are not concerned about dying, or being ripped out of the ground. Their purpose in life is their only thought, and they live to fulfill it.

It strikes me that if these little flowers can do such a beautiful job fulfilling their purpose, even though they have many obstacles in their way, how much better can we fulfill our purpose, being the grand creators that we are? We allow any obstacle to deter us; any threat to scare us; yet we have the power within to charge through all obstacles that attempt to smother us! We allow threats to scare us into submission; and then, we decide it's too hard to reach for our dreams, so we let them die.

I'm going to choose to reach for the sky! Create my reality, no matter what is going on around me; just like those little white flowers. What will you choose?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful example!!!!!!!!!!! Those flowers have quite some personality too! ;)they would grow through artificial grass with YOUR live presence there! Love.. Madison.

    ReplyDelete