Sunday, August 23, 2009

To Pray or Not to Pray


Ever since I've gotten away from Fundamentalist Christian beliefs, I've been puzzled by the concept of prayer. When someone asks me to pray for them, what is it I'm suppose to do? Are they asking me to plead with a Supreme Being to make them well or guide them into whatever they need guidance for? Are they asking me to ask because for some reason, this Supreme Being can't hear or won't listen to them? Why would He/She answer me for them? Why wouldn't He/She answer them directly? Perhaps they are asking me to ask their guides and angels to help them out. Again, why do I have more power asking their guides and angels than they do? Maybe they think if we gang up on the Supreme Being or their guides and angels, then they will be more likely to answer them. You know, power in numbers. "I wasn't gonna answer just you, but since you've brought so many others that are pleading your case too, then, well, okay, I'll answer you."

Or perhap
s, the reason I'm asked to pray for someone is because they need to know they are not alone. Perhaps that's the acceptable code word for, "I really need a shoulder to cry on, or an ear to listen to me right now, can you take the time?" It is their way of reaching out for love from a solid source. Someone who can empathize with them or give them a hug. No judgment, just a touch, or support.

We are the magnificent vibrational beings that create our own reality. We have glorious guides and angels helping us on our path who know each of us intimately. So if we ask for their guidance, they are always more than happy to be of service.

I think, maybe we still do not realize what powerful individuals we are! All the power of the Universe is at our fingertips. All we have to do is allow it to flow through us. Let go of old beliefs and religious dogma, and remember who we are. This is what we have come here to be; Joyous Creators. In allowing our own light to shine, we help others find their light.
That is why it is so powerful to join together. If I'm asking my guides and angels to aid me in being the most joyful person I know and everyone else is doing the same with their guides and angels, HOW POWERFUL IS THAT! All prejudice, anger, fear, and hatred melts away. I don't have to be told to pray for the earth or for any individual. If I am seeking my heart's desire right here and now, and you are seeking your heart's desire, all is well.

So if you want to call talking to your guides and angels prayer, then so be it. But if you wish to ask others to "pray for you", what is it you are really asking? Do you really want their energy in what you are trying to manifest? You are the only one who has the pure energy that is required to bring about your desired outcome. Why smudge it up with someone else's opinions?

What do you think prayer is? And how do you use it?


No comments:

Post a Comment